THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

The Great Cake Adventure

Inspired by another blogger (Melissa), I've become slightly obsessed with wanting to decorate cakes and cookies. After ordering and reading, cover to cover, three cake and cookie books, I decided that tonight was the night to begin my quest. With Roman in tow, I headed to Michael's to collect the deco items I needed and then to the grocery store for self rising flour (thank you, Brock, for a bit of babysitting!). Once Roman was in bed I scrubbed the countertops, pugged in my iPod, and fired up the KitchenAid. I felt like it was a good omen when the eggs smiled back at me!




I must admit, I really haven't baked cakes before. I can now line a pan like a pro, but baking them is obviously another matter. I pulled it out too soon and got this gooey mess for the top tier (yikes)...


...and this sunken beauty for the bottom (wow).


I think it's time to call in some help...Mom...are you there?


Oh well - it is nearly 10:45 pm...I'm off to bed. Success will be mine tomorrow!







2 comments:

Ruth said...

That is awesome!!! I love it! Tim and I laughed about it!! I hope it gets better! lol

Morrison Family said...

Lucky you... Mom is just around the corner!! :)